Find A Student Storage Near You
What to Look for in a Self-storage Service
- Are they any additional costs such as deposit or sign-up fees?
- Are they any penalties if you don’t pay the fee on time?
- Is the fee negotiable if you plan to use it for more than 6 months?
- Is the self-storage facility open 24/7?
- What does the security system of the facility look like? Do they have security camera, or guards patrolling?
- Is the lock included in the price?
- What happens to the items stored in the facility if something happens with your credit card and the payment is declined?
- What are the items you can’t store in the facility?
What Can You Store?
What Type of Storage Unit?
When Is Renting a Storage Unit a Better Idea Than Moving Your Belongings?
Declutter Your Belongings
To make the process of moving easier, you will want to get rid of any belongings that you do not absolutely need. This will lighten the load, and make it easier to pack and transport your things. You can either donate these items to charity, or sell them for some extra cash. If you plan on moving in the near future, start decluttering your home now so that you have less to deal with later.
Pack Your Belongings Properly
When you leave your belongings in a storage unit, you want to be sure that they are packed properly and won’t get damaged. Use strong boxes and pack them tightly so that nothing shifts during transport.
A man and van company can be a great help when it comes to moving your belongings from one place to another. They will have the proper equipment and know-how to pack everything so that it is safe and secure. Moreover, you can rely on them to keep everything safe on the road.
If you have a lot of belongings or large pieces of furniture, it might be worth hiring a removals company. They will come and pick everything up from your old address and deliver it to your new one. This can save you a lot of time and stress.