Find self-storage near you
Do you need a Removals service?
8 Tips on How to Create Extra Room in a Small ApartmentLiving in a small apartment doesn’t mean your closets, drawers, and cabinets have to be always maxed out. In most cases, the issue isn’t the amount of space but rather how you’re using your existing small space. Besides decluttering and taking your belongings to a storage facility nearby, you can always find clever storage spots and creative solutions in places you didn’t even think of. Maximize your small living space with these eight tips and make the most of what you already have:
4. Multipurpose Furniture is your Best FriendThis one is quite obvious. Multipurpose furniture allows you to store your things without having to use too much room in the process. Consider a storage ottoman; it can be an excellent place to store stuff while also serving as an extra seat in your apartment. Check out irisfurnishing.com for a large furniture selection that may be fit for your multipurpose needs.
5. Every Item Should Have a HomeApartments can get messy pretty quickly. Hence, it is vital that you give each of your items, no matter how little or temporary they might be, a proper location. Many storage issues are solved by just having a better sense of organization involving your things. To minimise the clutter, always make it a point to return anything you have used to its proper place.
6. Boost the Space in Your ClosetIf you’re reading this, chances are you are not taking advantage of your closet’s full capacity. Standard closets usually have a high bar with a shelf over it. A smart way to double your hanging capacity is by simply adding a second bar beneath the first one. Another option is to include hanging organizers for your shoes, t-shirts, and accessories. You may also consider adding expandable shelves for you to stack your clothes in.
7. Create Hot and Cold ZonesIf you’re having trouble choosing how to organize your items, consider using hot and cold zones. It’s very simple. Hot zones are areas of your home you can easily reach — while cold zones are high cabinets or shelves that are a bit harder for you to access. Ideally, you should keep the items you use more often in hot zones and the items you don’t usually use daily, such as holiday decor or seasonal items, in cold zones. This strategy will keep less-used stuff out of your way and ensures that your everyday needs are easily accessible.
8. Think of Unconventional PlacesThere are many places in your apartment where you can keep things that you probably haven’t even thought of in a long time. Places like the four-inch gap in between the wall and your sofa can fit mops, brooms, or even ladders, while bookshelves can be the perfect place to store office supplies. You can even put your best adjustable bed on risers and use plastic bins to store high heels, winter boots, or holiday décor. However, you should keep in mind that while using unconventional spaces is ideal, you will want to make sure that they are being utilised for items you use often, as it will otherwise only collect dust sitting there.
Considering Self Storage To Make Space In Your Home? Here Are Some Things To Remember
When you are moving or decluttering your home, you may be considering using a self storage unit to help with the process. This can be a great solution for many people, but there are some things you need to keep in mind before making your final decision.
Here are four things to remember when considering self storage:
Make sure you understand the costs associated with self storage.
There are a variety of costs associated with renting a self storage unit, including the rental fee, insurance, and any additional services you may need such as climate control. Be sure to get a detailed estimate from the self storage facility so you know exactly what you will be paying.
Choose the right size self storage unit
When you are considering self storage, be sure to choose a unit that is the right size for your needs. If you choose a unit that is too small, you may end up having to move things around or rent an additional unit. If you choose a unit that is too large, you will be paying for space that you are not using.
Be sure to pack your belongings properly
When you are packing your belongings for self storage, be sure to use proper packing techniques. This will help to protect your belongings and prevent damage while they are in storage.
If you are not comfortable transporting your belongings to the self storage unit yourself, be sure to hire a professional man and van company. This will ensure that your belongings are transported safely and securely. Moreover, it will also save you time and effort in packing your belongings or storage, and in unpacking them when you are ready to move them back into your home.
This can be a great option if you do not have the time or ability to move your belongings yourself. Similar to a man and van, a removals company will move your belongings safely and securely to your self storage unit. This option can be especially helpful if you have large or heavy items that need to be moved.
By following these tips, you can be sure that self storage is the right solution for you. Just be sure to do your research and plan ahead so that everything goes smoothly