Find self-storage near you
Do you need a Removals service?
5 Helpful Tips for Choosing the Perfect Business Storage ProviderAll businesses are constantly optimising and looking for opportunities to become more profitable. But as the business grows, so too does the need to have more space. Sooner rather than later, you will need business storage for your assets and maybe even need to enlist the help of a property management company. For growing businesses, the need for more inventory and equipment to cope with the increase in demand can take up a lot of space. There are only a few types of businesses that can operate indefinitely without needing to store products, tools, and equipment. In addition, growing businesses need to hire more staff members to handle different jobs. This will inevitably cramp the office with additional desks, furniture, and electronic equipment. With skyrocketing real estate prices, it is difficult for businesses to shift to a bigger office immediately. Self-storage is the ideal solution for businesses facing a lack of office space. However, not all business storage providers are equal. Different facilities cater to different types of customers. You need to carefully vet your options instead of committing to the first provider you see. After all, you will be handling your company’s precious assets in their hands. Here are five tips on how to choose a business storage provider.
1. Figure out what you need to store.Before you look for business storage providers, you need to determine what your business needs to store. This lets you learn how much space you need as well as the features you need to look out for i.e. Climate controlled and damp proof. The type of storage you need varies depending on what you are storing. For example, if you are storing antiques, artwork, documents, or inventory that needs climate control, you should definitely look for facilities with climate control features. If you want to store a business vehicle, a facility with outside storage can do the job.
2. Consider the facility’s location.The location and accessibility of the facility is a huge factor when deciding on a storage provider for your business as it dictates your overall business storage experience. No matter how good the deal you get on a storage unit, it will be for nothing if you factor in the additional expenses and hassle of driving across town to get particular equipment or product. If you are going to do this on a regular basis, the time and money spent driving to and fro may end up costing you more. However, if you do not need regular access to the things you are going to store, opting for a cheaper option even if the facility is not close to your office will save you more money.
3. Check the security of the facility.When looking for a business storage provider, it is important to consider how safe and secure their storage units are. Especially if you are storing confidential documents and expensive equipment, the security and safety of your items should be your number own priority. For your peace of mind, choose a secure business storage facility with security cameras, round-the-clock alarm systems, high-grade security systems, security staff, as well as insurance and fire protection.
4. Look for reviews on the internet.When you have a shortlist of possible business storage facilities, check some of the reviews of their service on the internet. Reviews are not always fair so take everything with a grain of salt. However, if you notice a recurring pattern of similar complaints, you may want to look for other storage providers. Check user reviews before visiting the facility as these comments can provide insight on what to look out for and what to ask the facility managers regarding their service.
5. Clarify late payment policies.The payment and lien rules in many business storage facilities differ from an apartment rental. Grace periods vary across different storage providers so missing out on payment by a few days may mean late fees. If not managed properly, you may face huge daily fees and even eviction. In some cases, your storage unit may be considered abandoned and auctioned off. Make sure you know the late payment policies before you sign the deal. Before making your final decision, it is important to compare multiple business storage providers before committing. Take your time in deciding which storage facility provides a convenient and secure service within your budget. With a little effort, you will find a business storage provider that suits your needs. Good luck!
Ready To Move Your Items Into Storage?
If you are ready to move your business goods and items into storage, do consider hiring professional movers to do the job for you. They will have the necessary equipment and expertise to safely transport your belongings to the storage facility. Here are two types of moving services that you can consider:
As the name suggests, full-service removal companies will provide a complete range of services to help you move your belongings into storage. This includes packing, loading, transporting, and unloading your items at the storage facility. They will also provide insurance in case anything gets damaged during the move.
If you have a smaller load to move, you can consider hiring a man and van service. This is a cheaper option than using a full-service removal company. They offer similar services as a removals company but on a smaller scale. You will find that man and van companies are more flexible and can tailor their services to meet your specific needs.