Is It Worth Hiring Student Moving Services In London?
As a university student in London, you are faced with the daunting task of packing up your belongings and moving into student accommodations. The prospect can be overwhelming, as it is not only physically exhausting but also costly and time-consuming. Often, you’ll even have to pack everything on your own and haul all these heavy boxes yourself to get them to your destination.
There is, of course, the option of hiring a London removals company for their student moving services. However, because they seem costly and unnecessary at face value, many are still hesitant to avail of their services.
If you are still unsure about where exactly you stand on the topic of hiring professional movers to help you move into student living arrangements, this blog post can help you out! We will explore the benefits and cost of hiring student moving services in London and help you determine if it is indeed something worth spending money on.
Benefits Of Hiring London Removals Companies For Student Moving Services
There are several reasons why one should consider hiring a student removals firm when moving into student halls, flats, and other types of student accommodation. Here are some of them:
Your Belongings Will Be Safe And Secure
When you are moving away from home for the first time in your life, even if it is just for university, it can be easy to get homesick. Fortunately, you have a few of your belongings from home to help make you more comfortable in your new place. It is, therefore, in your best interest to make sure that these items are safe and secure during transport.
With that being said, you must know that moving these items by yourself may put them at a higher risk of damage or loss. So, to make sure that everything arrives in the best condition possible, hiring a student removals service provider would be the best course of action.
After all, these student removals experts have years of experience, the necessary training, and all the equipment to ensure that nothing goes wrong!
Compare Removal Companies Quotes
Get quotes quickly and easily from a removals near you.
You Won’t Have To Do Any Of The Hard Work
Aside from being assured that your belongings are in good hands, you’ll be glad to know that hiring professional removals companies for your student moving needs will also save you from doing any of the hard work yourself.
They will handle the collection, transportation, and re-delivery of your belongings, thus ensuring that you don’t have to worry about physically stressing yourself out during the move. Moreover, you may also avail of other moving services like packing, unpacking, storage, and even furniture arrangement at your new place for an extra cost! Here is a complete list of all the services a removal company can provide.
You Can Focus On Getting Yourself Emotionally Ready For The Move
You will also find that with a removals company at your disposal, the packing, hauling, and transportation of your belongings will be quick and hassle-free. All you’ll have to worry about is making sure that your movers have picked up your belongings and that they have arrived safely.
There will also be less risk of you or your family and friends getting injured while hauling heavy boxes and furniture. Can you imagine having to deal with that just before starting university? Yikes!
Thus, with most of the moving stress taken off your shoulders, you can focus on emotionally preparing yourself for this new chapter in your life. This means the time you would have otherwise spent packing and moving your stuff can be used by making memories with the friends and family you’ll be seeing less of. You can also use this time to get to know your new city. London, after all, can be pretty overwhelming when you’re new and alone.
Moving Costs Will Be Cheaper In The Long Run
As already mentioned, the upfront costs will probably be just as expensive, if not more expensive, than a DIY move. However, you will find that student removals services may help make the process of moving less costly in the long run.
After all, a DIY move will still require you to purchase the necessary packing materials and equipment for the move. You will also still have to spend money on the moving vehicle and fuel, among many other things. In contrast, most London removal companies will have all these expenses already covered by your overall student removal cost.
Lastly, you will find that only you will be held liable for any damage or losses your belongings might encounter during a DIY move. That means you will have to pay full price to repair or replace any of your belongings.
How Much Do Student Removals Services In London Cost?
There are no standard rates for student removals services in London or anywhere else in the UK. Instead, just like how regular house removal company costs are computed, various factors make up these costs, as mentioned above. Those factors are as follows:
How Far Your Moving Destination Is
The distance of your home to your London-based university is one of the base factors in computing your overall removal cost. That means the farther you are away from your destination, the more expensive your moving costs will be.
Hence, if you live quite far away from London, it would be an ideal solution to take everything you might need with you the first time and store your belongings in the summer or the items you have yet to use in a student storage unit in the city.
How Much Stuff You Have
The volume of items you plan on taking with you is also influential to the computation of your student moving services. The more items you need to take with you, the larger the moving vehicle you will need. Here are the most typical moving van sizes available in the market.
How Difficult The Move Is
A large factor in the cost of your removal is how easy it will be to remove items from both old and new properties. For example, student accommodations would have significantly narrow hallways and are just generally much smaller, which means it will be much harder to manoeuvre and move around them. That, in turn, means some removals companies might charge you a bit more if you plan to move large items like beds and personal computer set-ups.
Your Moving Schedule
The cost of moving is directly affected by the schedule of your move. Removals cost differently depending on when you choose them. Often, weekends, holidays, and the winter season are some of the most expensive times to move.
This would not matter too much for student movers, as most student moves occur towards the end of the summer. If, however, you are a new student starting at a new university in the middle of the academic year, then it might be worth taking note of the days or seasons mentioned above.
The Moving Services You Avail
What do you need to make your move easy? Do you want someone else to take care of the packing, unpacking, and dismantling or reassembling furniture for you after they deliver it into your new place?
You will be surprised by how much some moving companies charge. Some include these in the total cost of the removals job, while others don’t offer them at all. It is best to find out which options are already included before agreeing on a price quote with anyone!
Things To Remember When Hiring Student Removals Experts
- 1. Always have more than one moving company in the running. Compare these companies based on price and services to make sure you get the best deal possible.
- 2. Provide your prospective moving companies with a list of the items you plan on taking with you to help them provide you with a more accurate price quote.
- 3. Consider decluttering your belongings before deciding on the items you want to take with you.
- 4. Make sure to ask your prospective removals companies all questions you can think of. Understanding what they do and how they do it will make the entire moving experience easier and less nerve-wracking for you.
- 5. Check out reviews, recommendations, and feedback from your prospective company’s former clients to ensure that you get the best services possible. After all, happy customers are always a good sign in a moving company!
More Moving Tips For Students
- 1. Organise your move with the help of a moving checklist. This will help you ensure that all of your moving errands are done and completed before the big move.
- 2. Get to know your new place as early as possible. Whether it be an institutional student hall or a less-restricted form of student housing, you need to know what to expect.
- 3. Try to move in at least a few days before school starts. After all, it would be best for you to be comfortable and all settled in before you begin attending classes.
- 4. Do not bring more things than you need. Most students are only provided with limited space in student housing, which means there will not be enough space to hold more than a few items in your flat or dorm room.
- 5. Keep your valuables and important documents in a separate bag during the move. You wouldn’t want to damage or misplace them, after all.
- 6. If you are rooming with strangers, be sure to get to know them before moving in together. In an effort to avoid potential conflicts in the future, you and your roommate need to discuss how chores will be divided up. It’s also necessary that each of you understands what privileges they have within their shared space and who will bring certain things into those spaces.
Is It Worth Hiring Student Removals Service Providers In London?
So, is it worth hiring moving services to help you relocate to your London university? The answer is yes! After all, hiring a team of professional movers comes with far more advantages than disadvantages!
If you think this is something you should do, do not forget to use WhatStorage! By filling out our risk-free enquiry form, you will receive an instant quote from at least three of our removals partners. From there, you may be able to find affordable London removals companies who can provide you with great service and a stress-free move!