Moving To Cardiff? What You Need To Know
Are you thinking of moving to Cardiff?Cardiff is an up and coming city in Wales. The city’s economy has been seeing a steady high for years now, and more and more people are coming in both to reside and to visit. While I’m sure that you have done your research, here are six more reasons why you should consider moving to Cardiff:
1. Cheap Living Expenses in Cardiff, WalesMajority of the newcomers in Cardiff come from The Big Smoke. That is because although Cardiff is a major city, or better yet, the Welsh capital, the living costs in the area are fairly cheap as compared to the outrageous living expenses in London. Studies state that the living expenses in London are 189.50% more expensive while it is 316.06% more expensive than living in New York. The price of groceries and transportation in Cardiff can make a Londoner’s eyes water! So in case you would want to move to this city, make sure you check out our partner Man and Van and Removals in Cardiff!
2. Low Rent In CardiffRent and Housing are the main factors that drive residents away from big cities like London, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Birmingham. As the population of big cities increases, the price of rent also increases. This could suggest surges from just a few pounds to over double or triple the cost of the original rent. This also means that compared to other cities in the UK, rent is twice or thrice. And because house prices are significantly lower in Cardiff than it is in London, the cost of large houses in this UK city are only equivalent to a smaller flat in the UK’s capital city. Many locations are also within walking distance within the Cardiff area, which means you won’t have to spend much on public transportation. Moreover, you can easily save up on renting a smaller place and getting a self storage facility where you can safely store most of the items that will not fit in your new home. A self storage service is a versatile and cheap solution for your storage problems.
3. Multiple Job Opportunities In Cardiff
4. Connected All Over WalesCardiff is installed with an efficient transport system that can take its residents everywhere you want to go, from Cardiff City Centre to other areas such as South Wales, Roath, Llandaff, Penarth, Swansea, Glamorgan, Merthyr Tydfil, among many others. The establishment of Railways and Airports across Cardiff make it available for both entry and exit. You can also get in or out of the city by sea. Rest assured that should you relocate to Cardiff, you are still connected to the rest of the world!
5. Cardiff’s Cultural Hotspot And Clean LivingCardiff is a cultural hotspot that proudly showcases not only Welsh culture but cultures from all over the world. It hosts multiple festivals all-year-round like food festivals, Oktoberfest, the Swn Music Festival, Hub Festival, and many more. There are plenty more to do in and around Cardiff. The best part is you do not have to know about it beforehand. Most residents wing it and gatecrash festivals all the time. Cardiff, most especially its city centre,is a heaven for food enthusiasts. It boasts of multicultural cuisines like French, Argentinian, Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Italian, Arabic, Mexican, Greek, Lebanese, etc. Most of these restaurants are less than an hour’s drive away and are probably more affordable than in other major cities.
6. Cardiff AttractionsCardiff is proud to provide its residents and tourists numerous attractions. It has many greenspaces, parks and museums to spend your time in during the weekend. You may visit Brecon Beacon, Bute Park, the Sophia Gardens, River Taff, Cardiff Bay, Caerphilly Castle, Principality Stadium, and many more.
Compare Storage, Removals or Man and Van
Get the Best Quotes on your Move Today!